Tips to Take Your Social Media to the Next Level
- Optimize your social profiles (Engaging visuals, profile & cover photos, consistent urls, links, descriptions – use keywords, fill out all fields)
- Post consistently & schedule tailored posts on all platforms (use tools to help automate ex. Hootsuite)
*Only 20% of your updates should be promotional, 80% should be social
- Use Visual Content – images & video (live video currently rates highest in feeds, use correct image sizes)
- Be creative – post a variety of personal & brand posts (Use tools such as ex. Canva)
- Cross promote – Share business/company posts to your personal pages & other social accounts
- Quality content increases engagement (your reach, comments & shares are most important)
- Post in comments for higher engagement
- Tag pages and people – ex. @klhtechnology, expands to a larger audience
- Emoji’s give you higher engagement
- Personal vs Company/Business Accounts (Has to be business account to have Insights – Public vs Private)
- Respond to ALL comments (40% want a response within 60 minutes)
- Monitor Analytics & Insights – What performs better?
(Performance, Clicks, Shares, Views, Traffic, Demographics, Conversions, Optimal Posting Times)
Over 1 billion users, most downloaded mobile app (405 min/mo)
- Make sure you’ve added a Call to Action button
- Under Insights – Top Post from Pages You Watch – Select 5, monitor engagement
- Grow Your Reviews (these show up in Google listings and search engine results)
- Participate in Facebook groups
Fastest growing network – 4x more engagement than Facebook (200 min/mo)
- Use 11+ #hashtags each post for more engagement, you can have up to 30.
- Revisit your older updates and add relevant #hashtags in the comments.
- Use location tagging to show up in particular location streams.
- Don’t post duplicate photos and use line breaks & Emojis in Bio.
- Turn on post notifications for accounts you follow and tag relevant accounts in posts.
Professional network presence/resume (17 min/mo)
- Double check spelling and grammar.
- Fill in all details and fields, more information and keywords used the better.
- Join LinkedIn Groups or create your own group to be part of the community. Cross promote posts to Groups.
- Always type a personal message when connecting. Build your Testimonials.
- Should have personal and company page.
Conversation – 140 characters or less (30 min/mo)
- Post more often than other platforms. Re-post content performs well.
- Posts perform best with only 2 #hashtags (compared to 1 or more).
- Regularly search #hashtags to your industry. Monitor, follow, & engage.
Simple Social Media Schedule
Facebook: 1-2 updates per day
Twitter: 3-5+ times per day
Instagram: Once per day
LinkedIn: Once per weekday